Join us on Saturday, January 5 at the Mizzou Botanic Garden for a plant walk with Dr. Mike Dirr and Coach Vince Dooley.
Tickets (limited to 30 tickets): $75 member rate / $150 non-member rate (tickets for attendees, including students, media and retired members are $75 member rate / $150 non-member rate).
The Plant Walk is now SOLD OUT!
Each attendee is responsible for his/her own transport to and from the Mizzou Botanic Garden.
10:30 AM Start Time at Mizzou Botanic Garden!
Meet in room #2206 A, B, and C of the Missouri Student Center for the plant walks. Coffee is avalable from 9.30 AM and a box lunch will be served at noon.
Walk and talk about the trees, shrubs, groundcovers and their use in design at the University of Missouri. Stimulate discussion among participants about their experiences with specific plants and design issues. Iterate the key identification characteristics of plants discussed during walk. Discuss the importance of a campus arboretum and how it serves faculty, students, visitors and landscape professionals.
1. Meet new people and interact with peers. Information sharing.
2. Exposure to new ideas and plants.
3. Discuss at least 30 plants and present salient characteristics
4. Encourage attendees to consider planting the best trees in their landscapes, parks, cities.
5. Encourage sustainability and bio-diversity through thoughtful plant selection and maintenance practices.
The University of Missouri was designated a botanical garden in August 1999 and is comprised of 705-plus acres of developed landscape, including 5,400 trees and more than 20,000 annuals, perennials and bulbs. Mizzou Botanic Garden is free and open to the public year-round. Parking is available at Turner Avenue Garage, and maps are available at Reynolds Alumni Center or online at gardens.missouri.edu.